Mellanye Lackey an “Amazing Reference Librarian”

I would like to commend Ms. Mellanye Lackey, the amazing Reference Librarian in the HSL. I am a distance learning doctoral student and was having problems using Refworks. So I made an appointment with Ms. Lackey and flew to Chapel Hill to meet with her. Ms. Lackey accomodated my schedule and met with me, patiently explained everything I needed to know to be a proficient user of this program. She also gave me great ideas for search strategies and answered about 1,000 of my questions.

Please thank her for me! Her “customer service” was superb and enabled me to complete a complex assignment on time. I can tell now, I will not be able to do my dissertation without the helpful counsel of Ms. Lackey!

Lisa Koonin, distance education student, School of Public Health

One thought on “Mellanye Lackey an “Amazing Reference Librarian”

1. I take this opportunity to commend Ms. Mellanye Lackey, the amazing Reference Librarian in the HSL . Her influence has not only affected America but span even to Africa Uganda in particular . Her visit to the infectious Diseases Institute in uganda (IDI) was a blessing since she explored with us the various ways through which we can use social networks to reach the community and improve on our digital library services.
    A big applause to you for your generous heart . May God bless you.

Richard Ssenono- Senior Information Scientist (Infectious Diseases Institute Mulago Hospital ,Makerere University College of Health Sciences.)